Director of Software Engineering - role with one of Belfast’s most respected software houses – great opportunity to play a critical role in the next generation of a key product suite
Director of Software Engineering - Derry
Director of Software Engineering role with one of Belfast’s more mature yet modern software houses – enjoying a sustained period of both stability and growth. Your role will be integral to the development of the next generation of the firm’s core product range – in a very modern technical environment, encouraging and championing modern techniques such as Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Continuous Delivery. You will be in charge of a Derry based team of 10 (all currently working virtually) across a range of projects and will ideally be comfortable handling many pipelines of work. You will be an excellent leader and people manager and thrive on realising the potential of up-and-coming Engineers – and you will be a strong advocate of Engineering best practice!
What does the company do?
US Company with a thriving local software engineering organisation. The local software centre has responsibility for the full software lifecycle of some key products, making a huge contribution to the success of the global brand. They locally employ over 100 extremely talented software professionals within their modern tech centres over 2 sites. The firm develops a range of cutting edge solutions used around the globe by millions of brands and organisations of all sizes. We have placed a number of Software professionals into this firm recently and the feedback has been unanimously positive – you’ll be working with some of the most talented technologists in Belfast who really care about the future of the products.
Why should I be interested in this Director of Software Engineering role?
- Strong global brand, cutting edge technical environment
- Organisation which encourages and fosters ideas and creativity
- Frequent highly competitive hackathons
- Strong social culture and commitment to corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Flexible working hours
- Highly appealing benefits package including Bonus, Stock Options, Free Parking, Matched Pension, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Income Protection
What do I need to get this Director of Software Engineering job?
- Experience in an Engineering /Development Management role which has remained close to the technology – ideally within an Agile environment – in the development of products – ideally utilising technologies such as C, C++, C# or Java
- Experience of Quality Assurance or Test Engineering
- Technically curious and keen to stay abreast and educate others on new techniques and tools
For a chat about this Director of Software Engineering role (or any other) please contact Claire Nixon on 02895 211121 in strictest confidence – or simply apply via the link below.
Experience: 0 yrs