MCS Group is seeking to connect with a talented Test Engineer to join one of Northern Ireland's newest and most exciting tech companies. This is your opportunity to get involved in building the next generation of capabilities in this industry.
If you are interested in joining a company at the beginning of their journey that will take them to the next level then this is the role for you. This is your chance as a Test Engineer to be at the heart of this journey.
Our client is building the next generation of capabilities that powers their merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is their mandate. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that they area a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and they're looking for like-minded individuals to join them on our journey.
The Test Engineer is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. The working environment empowers Test Engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
What will you be doing?
- Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework - define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions.
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected.
- Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
- Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery teams.
What do I need?
- A Clear understanding of software engineering concepts and test methodologies/practices.
- Coding or scripting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.).
- Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments.
- Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts, and integrate with Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover).
- Good knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Sound knowledge of Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Peter Stevens, Customer Solutions Manager at MCS Group 02896932666.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9.
Experience: 0 yrs