MCS are proud to be representing one of the North West's most up-and-coming Software Houses. Breaking into a global market place, our client is seeking to grow out their development and QA team to help cope with the busy years to come!
Our client is a very well respected software house who provides bespoke software products to the service industry. they have received a great reputation in recent years; winning huge contracts throughout UK and Europe.
Their tools allow companies to be more efficient with their time and ultimately reduce costs in their business. Their overall goal is to develop software tools for the service industry which are intuitive, accessible and easy to use which ultimately connects people, makes life easier for them and keeps their finger on the pulse of their business.
Due to the companies recent spurt of growth, they have decided that it is time to start growing their team. As an experienced QA, you will join a small team of testers while pitching in your own ideas from your previous experience. You will be part of a small, tight knitted team who will be growing over the next number of months/years. My client purely works on the manual testing side of things right now; however in the near future they will be moving towards automated testing.
You will be responsible for;
- Write and review test plans.
- Analysing system specifications.
- Executing test cases (Manual) and analyse results.
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects.
- Report bugs and errors to development team.
- Work closely with your small QA team to ensure efficiency throughout each product test.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within manual and automated testing. You will be a self starter with a drive and passion to succeed in the workplace
- 2+ years experience in a testing role (manual or automated)
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
It is highly disirable that you have exposure to Selenium and other automated testing tools.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell, Specialist IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs