Payment Tech company require Systems Architect
Your new company
Hays IT are proud to be representing one of the most exciting companies setting up in Belfast right now. They are fast becoming one of the biggest global players in Payment technology.
This new company are building the next generation of capabilities that powers their merchant-first ecosystem. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that they are a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and they're looking for like-minded individuals to join them on their journey
Your new role
The Staff Systems Engineer will be responsible for network and systems architecture, design, administration, documentation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting across the enterprise. The individual will participate in the ongoing support of system/network assets using current and emerging technologies. With an internal SLA objective of 5 9's, s/he will maintain overall capability health in a 24/7 environment and carry out tasks based on business objectives and strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Cloud environments.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience with enterprise-level system design and support.
- 5 years of experience as a technical lead or architect.
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Linux, Active Directory, DNS, Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto Networks WAN/LAN Technologies.
- Bash/PowerShell/Perl/Python or other scripting.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data center Hyper-V or VMWare virtualization technologies.
- Significant experience managing iSCSI SAN/NAS based storage arrays.
- Knowledge of LAN, Routing, Switching, IP Networking, VPN technologies, DNS, VLANs, and Layer 2/3 protocols.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Experience managing Antivirus/Spyware, spam reduction, and patch management tools.
- Experience with network security, such as certificate management in applications.
- Knowledge and Experience of VoIP implementation and support would be a plus.
- AWS/Azure experience would be beneficial.
- Microsoft Windows Cluster/Multi-Site would be a huge plus.
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, MCSE, VCP, ITIL or other best practice methodology
What you'll get in return
If you are interested in taking up a senior strategic role in one of NI's most exciting tech companies, this could be your opportunity. Your new employer has aggressive growth plans for the coming months and you could play an integral part in realising their vision. This role is FULLY REMOTE. They will set up your home office with top of the range kit. If you prefer to work in the office, you can choose to work in their office space in Derry / Londonderry. Salary up to £60,000 but this can flexible on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs