Our client, an established service provider for the steel industry currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supervisor/Foreman to join their existing team in Draperstown.
Reporting to the Production Manager the main purpose of the role will be:
- Supervision of a production shift of up to 15 operatives;
- Manage a production schedule in a dynamic environment;
- Manage quality control within the factory and yard;
- Manage aspects of company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies regarding activities in the factory & yard;
- Assist the Production Manager in strategic planning & improvement;
- Supervision of production shifts
- Control of man hours including overtime within company budgets
- Assist in implementation of company disciplinary & grievance policies & procedures
- Ensure the effective implementation of a production quality system
- Ensure systematic high standards of housekeeping within the factory & yard
- Ensure implementation of company health & safety policies & procedures
- Assist in implementation of company environmental polices & procedures on shop floor and in yard
- Assist in monitoring of raw material & energy usage and stock control
- Assist in monitoring of performance of plant within factory
- Assist in monitoring & management of process baths within factory (acid, rinse, flux and zinc baths) including acid changes, flux regeneration
- Assist in dealing with customer relations (queries, advice, complaints etc)
- At least 2 years in a similar role
- Ability to manage Production Operators
- Ability to schedule production to meet deadlines in dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Background in engineering or steel fabrication industry is preferable
- Fluent English
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please include the Job Reference Number. Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised. Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily. Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released. We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
Experience: See description: