We are recruiting Quality Inspectors for our client in Co Derry/Londonderry.
Your new company
A fabrication manufacturing company with several sites in Northern Ireland. Work has included helping those from the following sectors agriculture, automotive, construction, leisure, medical, material handling, shop-fit but this is far from being an exhaustive list.
Your new role
Due to continued success one Quality Inspector is required for each site in Co Derry.
The main purpose of the role is to perform inspection and testing duties to ensure that manufactured parts fulfill all internal and customer requirements. Assist in continuously improving the processes/systems etc. to improve product quality, reduce costs and improve Health & Safety.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Quality Control:
- Conduct visual inspections to ensure products fabricated, welded, coated, or assembled by the company and its sub-contractors/suppliers meet the quality standards set by the company, the client and industry standards.
- Assist in investigating, resolving, and implementing corrective/preventative actions through improvement processes.
- Be key point of contact for all production personnel on all matters regarding product quality.
- Support the Management of ISO 9001:2015 standards via internal and external audits, ensuring related actions are implemented and maintained.
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 8:00am-5:15pm & Fri 8:00am-2:00pm
What you'll need to succeed
- GCSEs or equivalent required.
- Ability to see flaws in coatings, welds, or structural imperfections in the metal.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and an understanding how the final product should look and function.
- Ability to use standard measurement equipment, i.e. tape measure/Vernier/gauges/meters.
- Methodical and accurate in investigating and recording findings.
- Ability to be concise and exact when presenting technical information / solutions.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating resolution of situations through compromise and negotiation.
- 2-3 Years' experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of fabrication, welding, coating, or assembly processes / techniques and associated problems within the manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and processes (ISO 9001:2015).
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive hourly rate based on experience, job security and career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs