Our client in the Magherafelt area are looking to recruit a Learner Support Assistant to join their team on a part time basis. Successful candidates should be available to work
Monday - 9-3.15pm
Wed - 9-3.15pm
Job Title: Learner Support Worker (without care duties)
Responsible to: Education Support Co-ordinator
- To act as a member of the Student Support Department;
- To promote the vision, mission and core values of the College;
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator in the promotion and achievement of high quality Education Support and services;
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator to develop, implement and regularly review the appropriate, policies and procedures relating to Student Education Support services;
- To contribute to a systematic process of review, evaluation and planning of the Student Education provision
- To be an integral part of the Education Support Unit on a designated campus grouping and ensure work is carried out as effectively and efficiently as possible
- To ensure that students who have a learning need find the service effective and efficient and is consistent across the College
- To contribute to the Student Support Operational Plan and to the Development Plan
- To provide support to individual learners undertaking programmes in an inclusive form. This support may include, note taking and examination scribe.
- To assist learners in accessing all parts of the College buildings and facilities.
- Assisting with first aid procedures when required.
- To provide support to lecturing staff.
- To contribute to the standardisation of student education support procedures across campuses which will assist in maximising student retention, satisfaction and achievement
- To adhere to performance criteria and achieve agreed targets for all areas of Education Support.
- To contribute to student records.
- To ensure that, as part of a team, the Student Support provision across the College is equitable and an effective service is provided.
- To contribute, as part of a team, so that the Education Support Unit responds quickly and effectively to the needs of students with learning difficulties or disabilities, in an equitable manner;
- To assist in developing policies, procedures and operational management of the Education Support Unit in adherence with best practice model
- To contribute to an ethos of high quality customer care
- To act as an advocate for students who may have a learning difficulty or disability
- To participate, as required, in staff development training and performance reviews within the Unit
- To ensure that an appropriate level of service is available and accessible across all campuses, and is maintained throughout the calendar year and College day.
- To undertake duties, as appropriate, in support of the wider Support and Development Directorate.
The above list of duties is neither comprehensive nor exhaustive but outlines the general requirements of the post. Other duties may arise of a more general nature which is consistent with the job title and the salary attached to this post.
Duties may change as the College develops, therefore the person appointed will be expected to be flexible in relation to duties performed, subject to consultation.
Location may be changed subject to the requirements of the College.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria and essential criteria by the closing date for applications but are only required to demonstrate how they meet the eligibility criteria on the application form.
- Experience in providing support for adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
In accordance with the College selection procedures the following desirable criterion may be used should this vacancy attract a large number of applicants:
- A vocational qualification in the Caring field at or above NVQ Level II or equivalent.
- A recognised First Aid qualification.
- Sign Language qualification.
Applications will also be considered from applicants with relevant formal qualifications considered by the selection panel to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated above. If putting forward an equivalent qualification, please state the type of qualification and the date awarded. The date awarded is the date on which you were informed of the result by the official awarding body. If you believe your qualification is equivalent to the one required, the onus is on you to provide the panel with the details of modules studies etc so that a well-informed decision can be made.
Experience: 0 yrs