Permanent Full Time
Leading Building Contractor
Salary Commensurate with Experience (Negotiable)
Our client is an established company with over 20 years of experience in the building industry, specialising in a range of building services from new build homes to property maintenance. Their wide experience helps them provide bespoke solutions for all property requirements, residential or commercial. Their work is of the highest calibre; in the past, bespoke projects have included the refurbishment of listed buildings working closely with the Heritage Society, and they take pride in our cutting-edge design service for new builds and inventive renovations.
They now wish to appoint a suitable qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor for a range of projects in the Mid Ulster area.
- You will be responsible for the cost management of a number of different construction projects from inception to completion.
- You will oversee all commercial aspects including; subcontractors, procurement, administration, cash flow, risk and opportunity management, and cost control.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of construction
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people;
- Negotiation and team work skills
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice. Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible. Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria. You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above). Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client. As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Experience: See description