Hours 8.00am – 5.00pm
Salary Negotiable depending on experience
Our client, a local manufacturer with over 25 years’ experience in stone products has an opportunity for an Assistant Fitter to join their manufacturing unit in Maghera.Role profile:
You will deliver and install granite worktops, bespoke bar counters, hotel receptions, vanity units and fireplaces to customers all over N Ireland.Duties and responsibilities:
- Fit Granite and marble components
- The job involves handling and carrying heavy loads - Employees are expected to lift safely and competently.
- Use hand and power tools to complete areas of a job such as polishing and cutting.
- Cut all material on site safely and correctly.
- Be professional with customers, colleagues and other trades people
- Take responsibility for the care of your tools and minimising the waste of consumables.
- Ensure a clean work area and the removal of all waste materials from site.
- Work confidently ensuring that the quality of finish is excellent.
- Ensure you follow all Health and safety standards
- Good clear communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Have an excellent work ethic, with a can-do approach and willingness to learn.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Like working as part of a team.
- Must be able to use their own initiative.
- Good eye for detail.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- CSCS Card advantageous.
- Full UK driving licence
- Proven experience in Worksurface installation. (Would suit a skilled carpenter looking to expand their progression or someone with a previous Granite fitting background who is ambitious to expand their occupation)
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please include the Job Reference Number. Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised. Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily. Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released. We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
Experience: See description: