Vacancy Reference: 18573
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Plumber for the Coleraine area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £10.27 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
- To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix plumbing work associated with major and minor construction work and refurbishment.
- To repair, renew and maintain bathroom suites etc. including all associated pipework.
- To undertake all plumbing work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings including fitting cylinders, tanks, radiators, sink-tops, immersion heaters, shower trays and units etc.
- To provide a service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
- Undertaking practical trade orientated work appropriate to the post holders skills and experience.
- Minor work outside trade where required for operational purposes
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss work required etc.
- Carry out and complete all work to a high quality and in a competent and timely manner and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- To liaise with other staff / sub-contractors etc. as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all job information by both paper-work and electronic means as required and pass this on to supervisor within agreed time-scales.
The successful applicants will also be required to provide an emergency call out service, at night and weekends, on a rota basis. Candidates will normally be on call for a 7 day period at a time.
- Completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
- At least 1 years¡ post apprenticeship experience; and
- You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post.
- 3 years post apprenticeship experience
- Response maintenance experience
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.