Vacancy Reference 14796
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their large Public Sector client to recruit 3 temporary Clerk of Works. These position's will be based in Derry / L'Derry. The hours of these role's will be full time and the successful candidate's will be required to start immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Inspection of organisation housing stock
* Inspection of ECMs, Kitchens, Fire Doors, Extensions etc.
* In technical, advisory, control and regulatory areas, this grade will decide for example if the work quality, materials etc are acceptable and to specification.
* The post will give explanations of policy, procedures and regulations or resolve issues where doubt exists.
* In the design field the requirement to understand and interpret most technical matters will be expected, together with the ability to develop basic design and detail.
* Interpretation of an outline suggestion or proposal is an example of the problem-solving aspect of the work, particularly as close liaison with other colleagues employed on other work is invariably necessary to ensure compatibility and exactness of detail.
* Technical, advisory, inspectorial regulatory and investigatory work e.g. physical surveys and inspections (land, buildings quantities) along with the provision of technical advice.
* Oversight of contractors including the provision of reports, on all aspects of building engineering and construction work to ensure that all work materials etc are to the standards required. On certain minor works this may involve full supervision of the work.
* To undertake routine maintenance inspections of dwellings and property. Preparation and drawing of detailed architectural and engineering drawings including calculations from supplied information or from verbal or written instructions either working individually or as a member of a team.
* To assist in forward planning and other planning work by the collection, collation, recording and retrieval of information.
* To assist in the preparation of standards, specifications, bills of quantities, accounts, estimates, tender documents etc.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
* A BTEC HND/HNC in a construction related subject
* A minimum of 4 years relevant experience
* Experience in social housing refurbishment
* Driving License essential
For further information please contact Kennedy Recruitment on 02890 330 555
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undergo an Access NI Clearance at a cost of £26.00.