Large main contractor. Competitive Package. Excellent Career Progression
Your new company
A large main contractors based in Derry/ Londonderry are now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on large build projects. Established for almost 40 years, this contractor has an excellent reputation for delivering a range of large scale projects. This contractor is responsible for projects in the education, defence, healthcare and commercial sectors, with values reaching up to £30m. Due to increased workload, they now require a Quantity Surveyor to be based in the commercial team
Your new role
Reporting to the Managing Surveyor you will be responsible for the cost management of a large scale project.
· Procurement of subcontractors and agreement of subcontract conditions
· Commercial control of subcontract packages
· Value and agree the cost of any variations
· Prepare cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project
· Liaise with purchasing / buying for specialist providers
· Attend internal hand-over meetings
· Maintain working relationships with the client and project team
· Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager
· Travel to sites within the UK
What you'll need to succeed
You will be degree educated in Quantity Surveying, with at least 5 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor. You will be keen to develop your skills on large build projects, and will ideally bring experience of having worked on the same. You will be experienced in using relevant software, and will be generally IT literate. This role will require 1 to 2 days of travel per week due to the location of projects.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role with a large main contractor, who are committed to the development of all team members. There will be a competitive salary and car allowance package / company car on offer to the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs