Complementary Therapies Facilitator, Job Ref. JO3049
Fixed term to 31st March 2022 (subject to annual review)
Salary £23,000 per annum pro rata
Hours 11.5 hours per week
Our client was established in 1989 and specialises in the delivery of back to work and employability initiatives. As a result of continued growth, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Complementary Therapies Facilitator to assist in delivery of their programmes which are which are part funded by the European Social Fund and the Department for Economy. The Programmes will provide back to work support and training for those who are unemployed or economically inactive and are aged 16 years and over.
Deliver a range of therapies and interventions (mindfulness, positive thinking, crafting, relaxation) to advance the physical and emotional well-being, build the confidence and relieve the everyday stresses of those participating on our ‘back to work’ programmes. The sessions will be delivered mainly in our Network Sheds. These are safe, friendly and inclusive environments where participants can learn life and work skills at their own pace and in the company of their peers.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for promoting the emotional and physical wellbeing of participants by providing introductions to a range of therapies such as mindfulness, crafting and use of essential oils.
- Assess individual and group needs and interests, ensuring that activities and workshops are appropriate and relevant.
- Be responsible for the development and review of appropriate learning plans.
- Develop training materials and make same available to other Facilitators within the Company.
- Use a range of teaching techniques and strategies to engage participants and ensure their active participation.
- Ensure that workshops develop the personal and social skills of participants thus aiding their progression to training and employment.
- Provide information and signposting to local community services such as women’s groups, youth groups or leisure centres.
- Liaise closely with colleagues across the Company, developing their ideas to maximize participant engagement.
- Provide mentoring support for participants as and when required.
- Provide an excellent level of customer care to all those participating on training courses ensuring a welcoming environment and professional approach at all times.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of participant attendance and progress.
- Work in a confidential and professional manner responding to sensitive issues that ensures participant welfare and safety is of paramount importance and subject to safeguarding guidelines.
- Be quality and target driven, ensuring all organisational standards, team objectives and individual KPI’s are achieved.
- Ensure that all information and statistics are completed to the standards and within the deadlines stipulated by the funding bodies.
- Ensure that accurate administration forms and reports are provided in a timely manner.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with clients, Career Mentors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safeguarding of ‘Adults at Risk’ reporting issues as they arise.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships within the ESF programme teams, our client and other stakeholder groups e.g. attending team meetings, networking events, etc.
- Undertake CPD activities (workshops and training) which enhance individual and organisational performance, maintaining/developing relevant skills to the highest professional standards.
- Adhere to and uphold the company's Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times including Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Lone Working, Confidentiality etc.
- Undertake regular, formal reviews with the line manager, reflecting on targets, performance and practice.
- Any other related/reasonable duties as required by management and/or the business objectives.
- Recognised qualification at Level 3 or higher in a field of complementary or alternative therapy.
- 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English and Maths.
- Experience of developing session plans.
- Experience of delivering both group and one-to-one wellbeing sessions.
- Experience of working to targets and/or deadlines within a work environment.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the importance of maintaining quality standards.
- Good understanding of Safeguarding.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others.
- Creative, with the ability to develop innovative learning materials.
- Self-motivated and resilient with a desire to succeed.
- Open-minded and impartial team player.
- Approachable and empathic with the ability to build rapport with a wide range of participants.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with ability to manage workload and prioritise essential/key tasks to meet needs of the business.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes or ability to demonstrate alternative method of being able to fulfil any travel related duties of the role.
- Recognised teaching qualification e.g. CIT.
- Experience of providing personal development support to those seeking employment.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Thursday 23rd August 2018.
Candidates must demonstrate that they have met the essential criteria within each area. Incomplete applications shall not be accepted and failure to demonstrate meeting the essential criteria will result in the application being unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage.
We reserve the right to enhance the shortlisting criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. All successful candidates will be subject to an Access NI Check and suitable references. Where there is a requirement to drive own vehicle for work purposes, evidence of vehicle being appropriately insured for work purposes must be provided.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See job description
See job description