Fitness Instructors required in Ballymoney / Coleraine, Northern Ireland.
As a Fitness Instructor you will be responsible for the following:
- Design and deliver safe and effective exercise programs for all customers including high-risk patients referred from health professionals. (E.g. GP referrals)
- Demonstrate correct use of equipment with emphasis on safety.
- Continually update knowledge and skills in relation to health and fitness, by attending relevant courses and workshops and maintaining level 3 within REPS (register of exercise professionals). Work towards gaining CPD awards. Have a sound knowledge of the health and fitness industry and keep up to date with new initiatives.
- Promote health and fitness within the leisure centre. Design flyers and newsletters to inform customers of upcoming events and health and fitness related articles.
- Assist with marketing the fitness suite to encourage new memberships. Provide prospective members with relevant information regarding the joining process. Take customer details required by Membership Advisor to pursue memberships.
- Receipt money from membership renewals in the AM’s absence.
- Motivate customers and provide good customer care to help retain members. Regularly update design and deliver relevant and enjoyable programs to encourage customers to meet their goals.
- Contact customers and arrange bookings for one to one consultations, also conduct supervised fitness tests. This enables the monitoring of customer progress.
- Maintain and file confidential customer records in relation to health questionnaire and programme etc.
- Implement member’s social nights. Host and entertain at social events.
- Implement and instruct group classes in specific fitness routines.
- Maintain and carry out minor repairs to equipment. Report faults and breakages to Centre Manager and Equipment Suppliers service department.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in Fitness Suite and Health Suite. Use chemicals when necessary for cleaning purposes.
- Supervise customers in the both fitness and health suite. Administer first aid and report and record incidents and accidents. Assist leisure attendants in evacuating the building in emergencies.
- Control customer access to health and fitness suites. Check validity of tickets and membership cards. Have sound knowledge of Centres Access control program. Responsible for update customer records and issuing replacement membership cards.
To apply for the position of Fitness Instructor you will meet the following essential criteria:
- NIIC (Coaching N.I.) Fitness Instructor’s Award or equivalent qualifications
Possession of at least one or more of the following qualifications or equivalent qualifications:
- RLSS Silver Cross
- RLSS Bronze Cross
- Award of Merit
- RLSS Pool Lifeguard Module
- RLSS Bronze Medallion or equivalent.
- Possession of a recognised Public Safety at Work First Aid qualification e.g. St. John’s Ambulance/Red Cross
- Possession of a relevant coaching qualification recognised by the Northern Ireland Sports Council
- At least 6 months’ experience working in a leisure environment.
- Previous experience of working as a Recreation Attendant and or Fitness Instructor.
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
To apply for the position of Fitness Instructor, please forward your CV to Grace Fleming at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by 26 August 2016.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Grace Fleming at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 2563 2223. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
You may have found this job vacancy searching for the following related terms: Fitness Instructor, Personal Training,
Experience: 0 yrs