Our client is a successful and dynamic specialist healthcare equipment manufacturer based in North Ulster. With markets across the UK, Ireland, Canada and the Nordic region, they now require an ambitious Chartered Accountant to join the business.
This is an exceptional company that are leading the way in lean manufacturing. When people go to work for this company they rarely want to leave! The company is always striving to be a ’good place to work’ and this in turn translates into a positive business culture and ultimately business success.
The Role in brief (full spec available on request) – Assistant Accountant:
- Preparing management reports, budgets/forecasts, and analysing trends in manufacturing, purchasing, sales, marketing, projects, finance, and general business conditions.
- Analysing variances from standard cost including purchase price, foreign exchange rate, volume and manufacturing variances.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Supporting month end close processes which will include journal preparation.
- Managing payroll, HR and related staffing issues.
- Improving processes around the day to day running of accounts function.
- Posting and subsequent balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT (ROI & UK), PAYE, RCT, Pension, and other returns and payments.
- Preparation of applications and processing of claims for all available government grants.
- Provide effective leadership and support to other members of the office team.
- All other duties as directed by management.
The ideal candidate – Assistant Accountant:
- Chartered accountant with 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Proficient in Sage 200 accounting and payroll systems.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.