MCS Group have partnered with a highly successful and well-established firm to appoint a qualified accountant in line with their recent growth. This opportunity is ideal for an experienced general practice accountant, who is seeking a role with a reputable firm that can offer fantastic work-life balance.
Our client is a highly reputable accountancy practice, with longstanding staff and a recognition of work-life balance. This opportunity sits within their Derry office, that provide the full spectrum of general practice services to their local client portfolio. As a leading local practice, they utilise their national reach and resources and as a result, have reached a pivotal point of development.
As the successful accountant you will be stepping into a senior role within the practice, reporting into partner level. You will manage and review senior's deliverables and represent advisory findings to be relayed to clients. Your duties will include;
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Completing corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Reviewing and completing VAT returns for clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquires.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) currently in a general practice in a client facing role.
- You will have experience working with varied client portfolio; local sole traders to large ltd companies.
- You will have a strong accounting background in an accountancy firm.
- You will have a broad range of skills across accounts and tax. Audit experience will be beneficial.
This leading practice has an outstanding local reputation as an employer who recognises and rewards hard work. You will receive a lucrative base salary and highly competitive benefits package. Employees stay in this firm - many of the staff have well over 10 years' service, reflecting positively on the way the firm is managed and ensuring that when new people come in, they benefit from the supportive senior team who know the business and the clients inside out.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs