Vacancy Reference - 17209
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a Band 7 Project Business Accountant to be based in Derry. This is a temporary full time role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week required for one month initially. The following duties will be required -
** Prepare and produce timely and accurate financial information and prices supporting service level agreements for services provided by the Client
* Support the Assistant Director of Finance - CCE and Senior Accountant to ensure that the Client is appropriately charged for services that the Client purchases from other agencies, e.g. Inter Client recharges
* Ensure that all information that is used to prepare prices and costing projections within the Client are prepared accurately using reliable and up to date information
* Ensure that appropriate and consistent costing techniques are being applied when costing new service developments, maintaining existing services and future projects for the Client to support effective financial management in accordance with costing principles
* Provide input to the review process to ensure that the following returns issued by the DHSSPS are completed accurately within the agreed deadlines and forwarded to the DHSSPS:
* TFR - Expenditure analysis of Programme of Care Management Costs
* Community Services Indicators and Reference Costs
* Strategic Resource Framework
* Provide financial support for the preparation of tenders, as and when required
* Participate and provide specialist expertise and knowledge on working groups set up to benchmark services as directed by the Client Delivery Plan and the Director of Finance, Assistant Director of Finance - CCE and Senior Accountant
* Provide financial input as and when required to the Service Level Agreements that the Client has with all other agencies that we commission from
* Communicate with the Client's Directors and Senior Managers as required to assist them in preparing answers to queries or Assembly questions from DHSSPS and other bodies inside and outside the HPSS
* To review Trust procedures which interface with the Capital, Costing and Efficiency Division annually and ensure that they accurately reflect the work within the organisation
* Provide assistance to the maintenance of Client wide Business Case Financial Monitoring Framework and continue to develop the monitoring, where possible
* Provide assistance to the maintenance of Client wide Productivity and Efficiency Programmes Financial Monitoring Frameworks and continue to develop the monitoring, where possible
* Assist in the development of and responsible for the maintenance of Client wide Capital Financial Monitoring Framework, to include monitoring of PFI Projects and emerging procurement routes, and ensure all DHSSPS returns are accurate and made within deadline
Applicants must meet one of the following 3 criteria:
* A CCAB or CIMA full professional accountancy qualification plus at least 2 years experience in a senior finance role;
* CCAB or CIMA part qualified or hold a degree in Accountancy, Finance or Business
* At least three years experience in a senior finance role
* At least five years experience in a senior finance role
* Senior Finance role must include experience in providing complex financial information, analysing and interpreting a range of financial information, extensive use of financial systems for debtors, creditors, stock and the general ledger and working with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Successfully demonstrated financial management, financial strategy, governance and organisational skills
* HPSS Environment & Targets
* Understanding Issues facing the Client
* Understanding of Costing/Pricing within the HPSS
* Knowledge of Business Cases (preparation, monitoring and reporting), including emerging procurements routes, Benchmarking and compliance with Accounting Procedures and standards
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.