Vacancy Reference - 17021
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 4/5 Financial Accounts Officer to be based in Londonderry. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday and expected to last for 3 months initially. The following duties will be required -
* The post holder will ensure payments are processed in accordance with Company's procedures
* Ensure that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements
* Deal with and provide advice on financial queries that may arise in the course of carrying their duties
* Supervise staff as and when required
* To ensure payments are processed through the financial systems (including checking, verifying and completing payment runs), ensuring compliance with the Prompt Payment Policy
* To supervise the processing of debtors, including receipts, lodgements and cash management
* To manage and oversee the use of petty cash
* To assist with the reconciliation of the monthly control accounts
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Membership of Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Technician level (NVQ Level 4) or equivalent professional qualification
* 5 GCSE's including English/English Language and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent educational qualifications and 2 years' experience in a computerised Finance Department
* A minimum of three years' experience in a computerised finance department
* At least one years' experience in the supervision/co-ordination of staff
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.