Payroll / Accounts Administrator, Derry, Permanent Job, Competitive Salary
Your new company
You will work for a leading company based in Derry who have been established over 25 years. This company provide services and innovative solutions to clients across the UK, Ireland and Europe. They employ over 300 people and provide a cost effective, innovative and quality driven service to all their clients.
Your new role
As Payroll / Accounts Administrator you will report to the Senior Financial Controller in a busy finance department. Responsibilities will include: Payroll Processing - utilisation of payroll systems, Sage 50 Payroll and Brightpay, to ensure that all aspects of payroll are processed correctly and on time having full responsibility for the payroll cycle; liaise with operational management to ensure that all information required for payroll processing is provided accurately and within agreed timescales; utilising payroll information to process Group payrolls with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls in both UK and ROI correctly and on time; complete all other aspects of payroll processing including but not limited to issuing payslips, completion of statutory returns and pension processing accurately and within required timescales. Job Costing: for business divisions that utilise the job costing system, currently Sage Job Costing, enter employee timesheet information in order to ensure that all employee related costs are correctly allocated to each job. Other Key Accounting tasks include: ensure that all employee costs are accurately allocated to the correct nominal ledger code, cost centre and department; reconcile the balance of payroll costs as per the nominal ledger, currently Sage 200, to the job costing system. Further duties include: utilise the personnel system to maintain accurate personnel records; ensure that fair employment monitoring information is accurately recorded on the Personnel system and utilise this information to ensure that fair employment returns are submitted accurately; ensure that relevant employee documentation i.e. New Start Information, Statements of Main Terms and Conditions, etc. are issued to employees within agreed timescales and undertake any other tasks required by the company which are within the competence of the Payroll and Accounts Administrator.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of processing large and complex payrolls using computerised payroll systems
- Experience of delivering accurate outputs within tight timescales and to strict deadlines
- Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial accounts department;
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- 5 GCSE's at grades A - C (including Maths and English) or equivalent
- Ability to deliver accurate outputs within tight timescales and to strict deadlines
- Ability to establish strong relationships with internal operational management in order to ensure that payroll information is provided accurately and on time
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a key member of a team
- Professional and friendly outlook and approach
- Ability to review systems, processes and procedures within own sphere of operation and identify and recommend areas where improvements to internal control, efficiency, etc can be implemented
- Possess a clean Driving Licence
- Experience of Sage accounting and payroll systems (specifically, Sage 50 Payroll, Sage 200 Accounting and Sage Job Costing)
- Knowledge of payroll taxation legislation in the UK and the Republic of Ireland
- Experience of working within the industrial services sector
What you'll get in return
You will work for a well established, innovative company who have been in business over 25 years, working on a full-time, permanent basis Monday to Friday. You will be offered a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Edelle Harrigan on 02871 242031.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs