Finance Officer, Magherafelt, permanent position, £22,000 - £25,000
Your new company
You will work for a established family run company based in Magherafelt who pride themselves on their quality of products and customer service. This company source the best available products internationally from the Italian, Spanish, German and Irish markets.
Your new role
As Finance Officer you will assume responsibility for co-ordinating the day to day operations of the business, specifically the administration, and finance functions and to ensure that effective support is provided to the entire management team. You will attend weekly Management team meetings, advise the MD, prepare reports and contribute to the development of the Company business plan, ensuring that systems are established, monitored and maintained to deliver the best possible service standards.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage the company's finance and accounting functions.
- Provide monthly management accounts and reports for the Managing Director as directed.
- Assist the MD in developing and monitoring basic operational budgets for the company.
- Liaise with Government bodies and banks etc with regard to all legislative returns and communications (both financial and statistical).
- Ensure the company's procedure in wages and salaries is effective and that all necessary records are maintained and all reports are forwarded to legislative body as required.
- Provide an effective Credit Control service to the company.
- Ensure good management of Cash flow.
- Liaise with Government bodies to avail of grant assistance were applicable.
- Maintain a central statistics functions for capturing information relating to departmental performance and provide regular reports for the Managing director.
- With the Managing Director, review and improve company procedures and systems and develop more effective approaches to management information gathering.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of supplier queries including the timely reconciliation of supplier statements;
- Immediately escalate all supplier queries that you are unable to resolve to the MD to agree the appropriate corrective action;
- Management of the monthly payment run, using manual and electronic payment systems as required; including but not limited to, production of cheques, remittances, notifications of invoices on query and postage to suppliers;
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable on the accounts system, including, but not limited to, payment terms, rebates due, discounts allowed and supplier addresses;
- Ensure all unallocated payments are allocated before month end closing;
- Reanalysis of cheque journal and cash book;
- Receive incoming cash, cheque or BACS and process on to the system;
- Balance all monies received to cash book;
- Complete ledger and bank reconciliations investigating misallocated cash and financial discrepancies;
- Use initiative to achieve targeted results while promoting customer goodwill;
- Make adjustments, handle queries and resolve problems to bring payment terms in to line with Company guidelines;
- Credit check new customers and open new credit accounts ensuring the Company has all the relevant information on the debtor;
- Ensure all communication with customers is accurately recorded and up to date;
- Efficiently administer the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries, raising sales invoices and issuing credit notes;
- Report to MD on any outstanding issues and inform him early of potential debtor problems;
- Build and maintain close links with all customers to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
- Keep records of employees attendance and hours worked;
- Manage all holidays ensuring the completion of all appropriate administration and that they meet the needs of the business;
- Ensure labour costs are kept in control while achieving output required;
- Have a clear commercial focus and well-rounded understanding of business requirements and objectives,
- Understand the importance of customer service and the company culture relating to meeting our customers' expectations,
What you'll need to succeed
You will have at least 2 years experience working in a similar role. You will have good numerical skills, commercially focused and be able to understand the requirements of the business. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently.
What you'll get in return
You will work for an established family business who pride themselves on the service that they provide. You will play a significant role in this business and will be contributing to the success of the company. You will assist the Managing Director on a dally basis and will be a valued member of this team. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and the salary is between £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
Interviews for this role are taking place week commencing 15th August so do not hesitate in applying.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Edelle Harrigan on 02871 242031 asap.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs