Assistant Accountant, Derry, Permanent Job, Competitive Salary
Your new company
You will work for an established, reputable organisation who play an integral part in keeping the north west open for business, they are an essential gateway for tourism and industry
Your new role
As Assistant Accountant you will report to the Assistant Finance Director and your main duties will include: preparation of Accounts & Analysis; produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet reconciliations, explanations for variances to budget and divisional performance for the Organisation in an accurate and timely manner; assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of the year end audit file, annual statutory Financial Statements and liaise with the External Auditor as required; assist the Assistant Finance Director in providing analysis to the External Audit Tax department for the calculation of corporation and deferred tax; prepare monthly profit projections, updated on a weekly basis; assist in the preparation of financial analyses, key performance indicators / monthly variance analysis and cashflow forecasts as required; assist the Assistant Finance Director in the annual budgeting process and strategy development; produce divisional profit and loss accounts as required within the strategic cycle; prepare and process monthly creditor payments and ensure purchases comply with the Organisation's procurement policy and review and approve the weekly payroll including the calculation of overtime, holiday pay, etc.
A detailed job description is available on request.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part qualified accountant working towards ACA or equivalent or a fully qualified Accounting Technician; ATI or equivalent
- At least two years relevant experience in either a commercial or practice background (inclusive of training contract)
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of a thorough understanding of statutory accounting requirements
- Strong accounts preparation experience alongside expertise in another discipline or strong experience in preparing management accounts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong data analysis and reporting ability
- High attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary with flexible working arrangements.
- 33 days paid holiday including bank and public increasing to 38 with service.
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Continuous Professional Development.
- On-site free car parking.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Health and Well Being Initiatives I.e. Employee Assistance Programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs