Accountant, Derry, Permanent Job, Competitive Salary
Your new company
You will work for an established, reputable organisation who play an integral part in keeping the north west open for business, they are an essential gateway for tourism and industry.
Your new role
As Accountant you will report to the Assistant Finance Director and will be an integral member of the Finance & Corporate Services team. You will undertake duties to support overall delivery and preparation of accurate and timely financial information, reports and analysis. Responsibilities will include: produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet reconciliations, explanations for variances to budget and divisional performance for the Organisation in an accurate and timely manner; prepare the year end audit file, annual statutory Financial Statements and liaise with the External Auditor as required; provide analysis to the External Audit Tax department for the calculation of corporation and deferred tax; prepare monthly profit projections; assist the Assistant Finance Director in the preparation of financial analyses, key performance indicators / monthly variance analysis; cashflow forecasts, annual budgeting process and strategy development;
prepare and process monthly creditor payments; review and approve the weekly payroll; prepare and process the monthly payroll including timely completion and submission of HMRC forms and pension contributions; to present financial information to the Finance & Corporate Services Team; provide assistance in developing, documenting, implementing, monitoring and reviewing robust and efficient financial control policies and procedures and financial administration systems to maintain best practice processes, gain efficiencies and reduce risk; identify, highlight and help address risks within the Organisation's financial control systems, policies and procedures. This job is ideally suited to a newly qualified accountant.
What you'll need to succeed
- A fully qualified accountant
- Have at least three years relevant experience in either a commercial or practice background (inclusive of training contract)
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of a thorough understanding of statutory accounting requirements;
- Strong accounts preparation experience alongside expertise in another discipline or strong experience in preparing management accounts;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Excel; Strong data analysis and reporting ability;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary with flexible working arrangements.
- 33 days paid holiday including bank and public increasing to 38 with service.
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- Death in service benefit.
- Continuous Professional Development.
- On-site free car parking.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Health and Well Being Initiatives I.e. Employee Assistance Programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs