Your new company
Hays Manufacturing Operations and Logistics are recruiting for an experienced Logistics Manager for our client a leading Food manufacturer based in Co.Tyrone. Supplying to some of the major retailers in UK and Ireland this company has grown significantly in the last 13 years dominating the FMCG industry with market leading and innovative products.
Your new role
As Logistics Manager you will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for planning distribution activities in accordance with customer delivery requirements. Review service level performance on an ongoing basis and communicate regularly with the Operations Director and Managing Director in this regard.
Your main duties will be to:
- Control distribution, warehousing and associated costs to budgeted limits.
- Negotiate and monitor rates and performance with logistics companies to ensure competitiveness.
- Ensure effective stock management by ensuring stock rotation and carrying out stock takes and reconciliation in all warehouses including those of 3rd party distribution companies.
- Liaise with internal sales and accounts departments to ensure efficient processing of sales orders.
- Implement best working practices and operational methods in order to maintain competitiveness. Develop and implement improvements in distribution methods.
- Monitor service levels and report as required by individual customers.
- Provide "hands-on" assistance with shop floor production on an as needed basis.
- Ensure effective shop floor housekeeping of warehouse and company vehicles in accordance with legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of warehousing/ delivery staff, including recruitment, training, appraisal, grievance, and disciplinary activity. Instill a proactive, team oriented culture ensuring positive employee relations.
- Liaise with relevant authorities to ensure the correct certification of exports.
- Report regularly to the Operations Director and Managing Director on all aspects of logistics.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will require a proven ability in leading and developing successful teams across warehousing, transport and logistics within the FMCG industry. You will be a motivated self starter with excellent communication skills and a passion for people development.
What you'll get in return
This a exciting time to join a highly successful and growing company and play an integral and key role within the senior leadership team. Excellent salary £35-45, pension, private healthcare, 29 days holidays and career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs