Mechanic required for a Public Sector organisation in Omagh. IMMEDIATE START
Your new company
My client is a Public Sector organisation seeking to employ a skilled, experienced and qualified mechanic to work in the vehicle maintenance garage in Omagh providing a range of maintenance services for all company vehicles, plant, equipment and machinery.
Your new role
- Carry out work of servicing, repair and maintenance of all owned vehicles and items of plant and equipment including electrical/electronic work on specialist vehicles.
- To undertake inspections/servicing/MOT and PSV preparation and repairs to company vehicles, plant and equipment to VOSA Standards in a timely manner as set out by the Lead Mechanic/Fleet Manager.
- Diagnosis of faults- electronic, electrical, mechanical or hydraulic.
- Maintain all items of vehicles, plant, equipment and tools ensuring their safe use and security.
- Fabrication, welding and repairs of vehicles, plant and machinery.
- Maintain service records and forward same to designated officer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles/equipment on which they are working, and the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Order through the established procedure the necessary parts, etc
- Attend breakdowns, emergencies and accidents as instructed.
- Undertake internal and external training as required.
- Be aware of your obligations under the Health and Safety at work (NI) Order 1978, and follow the codes of safe working practice in your place of work.
- Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure maximum productivity. Ensure that the task is completed to schedule. Any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to the Lead Mechanic.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Must have a polite and friendly manner and be able to maintain and perform a courteous relationship with colleagues.
- Any other duties relevant to the post which may be allocated from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant qualification in Vehicle Maintenance e.g. City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Light or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, or equivalent OR A minimum of 3 years' served apprenticeship on a range of vehicles (evidence must be provided).
- Evidence of a minimum of 3 years' experience of carrying out maintenance on a range of vehicles including heavy plant and machinery and a knowledge of hydraulics.
- Evidence of the ability to maintain records, possess good communication skills and organisational skills.
What you'll get in return
You will get a competitive hourly rate of £13.08 per hour inclusive of 37 days holidays per year. This is a great opportunity for anyone who may have been temporarily let go from their current employment due to COVID 19.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs