Our client, Europe's leading specialist distributor for industrial maintenance products, are seeking to recruit a Stores Manager, based at their site in Omagh, Co Tyrone
As a Stores Manager you will be working for a client on site and responsible for three key areas -
Revenue generation and financial performance :
- Development and delivery of the agreed contract and services
- Preparation and follow up of quotes.
- Completion of the monthly reports
- Relationship management with key accounts and credit control team
Customer relationship management:
- Consistent delivery of agreed levels of customer service
- Develop onsite relationships by setting and attending regular review meetings
- Face to face dealings with customers and agreement of strategy with the Field Sales Executive and Key accounts.
- Develop a program for regular site involvement from company technical specialists and key strategic suppliers to enhance reliability performance and achieve cost saving targets set.
- Strive to deliver continuous improvement programs to improve customer service levels.
- Ad hoc customer service duties on an as-needed basis (e.g. 24 hour call out service)
- Establish and integrate yourself into the customers' team.
- Manage customer expectations and any escalations.
- Develop product knowledge and ability to offer technical support
Purchasing, logistics and housekeeping:
- Planning and management of stock
- Adherence to company stock management policies - e.g. perpetual inventory schedules.
- Maintain stock in good saleable condition, retaining traceability (where applicable)
- Negotiation and management of the purchase of non-stock items to support the consolidation of available products
The successful Stores Manager must have:
- An understanding / experience of maintenance/repairs and operations market
- Solid technical background / understanding of one or engineering products
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation. *
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel and K8 is an advantage
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Excellent commercial awareness with a clear understanding of all aspects of margin management and cost/benefit analysis etc.
- Dynamic and energetic team player, possessing a clear passion for people.
- Flexible and takes personal accountability and responsibility for delivering results.*
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to adapt behaviour to the situation, i.e. the boardroom and engineers
- Driving licence.
Hours of work:
- 40hrs per wk
- Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm
- Excellent Salary - £25 - £30k
- Free parking
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una by applying with your up to date CV and clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs