Vacancy Reference - 16789
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 5 Communications Officer to be based in Omagh. This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last for 1 month initially.
The following duties will be required:
* Work alongside the Head of Communications to develop and implement communication, media, digital media, public affairs and publication strategies and campaigns for Trust related projects
* Provide advice on communications issues to Trust staff
* Co-ordinate responses to media queries on Trust projects
* Prepare news releases and other documents for approval by the appropriate Manager/Director
* Maintain an online presence for Trust projects particularly on the Trust’s website, Internet and social media channels
* Co-ordinate and quality assure the production of promotional and printed material for Trust projects
* Assist in the co-ordination of internal and external publicity events for Trust projects
* Provide support for key public presentations such as audio visual presentation material, speeches and briefing notes
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Degree or recognised Professional Qualification or equivalent AND a minimum of two years’ experience in Corporate Communications/Public Relations
* A minimum of five years’ experience in Corporate Communications/Public Relations
* Keyboard skills, computer literacy
* Training and experience in desktop publishing
* Previous experience of working with professionals at a senior level within a major organisation
* A full current driving licence and access to a car is also essential
* Knowledge of HPSS policies and issues.
* A knowledge and experience of the Northern Ireland media and communications industry
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.