International Sales Director
Your new company
What a great opportunity this is to work for a global engineering business, a market leader that have been successfully trading for 50 years. This company wants to attract the best talent and invests heavily in their staff
Your new role
- Sales management, responsible for the performance of the brand and accountability for its Sales performance
- Responsible for sales revenue, gross margin, operating profit and inventory management and report on progress at the monthly management meetings.
- Lead & continue to develop the global sales team to achieve business performance targets.
- Significant input to the sales forecast for the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) for the brand, working cross functionally with Operations and Manufacturing to make production schedule decisions.
- Key performance metrics beyond financial success will be price attainment and market share.
- Strategy Leadership, developing a model for global revenue growth and market share.
- Forward thinking approach to business sales development, including input to new product development, cost reductions, product life cycle management and emerging technology considerations.
- Ensure all dealer accounts are formally contracted and aligned to company's Standards.
- Issue & monitor annual business plans and targets for each dealer account.
- Identify and implement a performance management system to directly manage existing dealers in their respective territories.
- Develop geographical distribution coverage and sales channels into new customer segments.
- Drive marketing campaigns and sales programs that improve brand image and deliver sales growth.
- Present to end-user customers and key multi-national corporate accounts.
- Attend and coordinate seminars, product demos and other sales activities as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Considerable track record of Sales, Aftermarket and Product Line management within the construction equipment or capital goods manufacturing sector.
- Must be degree educated or equivalent, preferably in an engineering related discipline.
- Will be able to demonstrate effective leadership in both strategic and tactical decision making.
- Will require a thorough knowledge of dealer network distribution and product line management plus a general understanding of related fields to coordinate activities and resolve a variety of complex problems and to develop new programs.
- Experience of direct end-user sales of technical equipment would be advantageous
- People management, people development & communication skills are essential
- Ability to constructively interact with others to resolve issues and improve the business and brand.
- Exhibit strong systems skills with the ability to develop and drive implementation of system or process changes.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary development and commercial & financial management.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy. Must have the ability to analyse and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- A high level of travel. Will be required to travel globally on a frequent basis.
- Previous experience in an international Multi-National environment would be an advantage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs