Buyer - Cookstown
Your new company
Amazing opportunity to work for a design and manufacturing company in Cookstown. This company is a very innovative company and have very big exciting future plans and it is a great time to be joining the business. Due to expansion they are recruiting for a buyer on a permanent basis..The hours of work are Monday - Thursday 8-5 and Friday 8-2. salary is £30k-£32k
Your new role
You will join a team of 2 other buyers. Responsibilities include
- Source and manage new suppliers globally in keeping with our company strategy of reduced costs and continuous improvement in quality.
- Manage existing Supplier Quality - parts, delivery, lead-time.
- Assist with stores management and process of livestock management system
- Responsibility for existing Supplier Warranty and returns
- Assist with day-to-day supply chain activities
What you'll need to succeed
- While a third level qualification would be beneficial, significant experience of working in busy and challenging environment is essential
- Experience of negotiating with internal and external parties
- Commercial experience with track record of dealing directly with suppliers on technical purchases is desirable
- Experience of managing suppliers and building long term relationships would also be beneficial
- Experience of stock management and awareness of processes
What you'll get in return
You will receive an excellent starting salary, opportunity to work for a market leading business with an established supportive working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs