Buyer & Planner - Dungannon
Buyer & Planner
Your new company
What an amazing this opportunity is to work for a very well established successful company that has been trading for over 60 years and have gone from strength to strength and are now a market leader. This company is so passionate about what they do, they are very ambitious, driven and innovative. They provide their products to customers all over the world. They are recruiting for a Buyer & Planner on a permanent basis. They can be very flexible with the working hours and salary is negotiable up to £28k.
Your new role
- Establish, co-ordinate, manage and operate procurement activity in accordance with policies, procedures and budget.
- To ensure efficient, on-time, lean management of material and services' ordering, at best price with best quality. Adherence to planned schedule to meet customer expectations OTIF providing world class customer service.
- Maintain & manage inventory in keeping with company targets
- Taking responsibility for internal & external schedule management of materials for production, ensuring availability of material to enable production to run smoothly, working with suppliers on lead times and delivery dates.
- A full & comprehensive overview of resource capacity, identifying potential constraints & implementing recovery plans
- Provide a strategic, efficient, compliant and flexible procurement service that will deliver value for money, cost savings and quality of service
- Material schedule management from external supply - to include 3rd Party / Sister Sites
- Management of supply pipeline, address and mitigate any potential supply risk
- Execute approved requisitions on-time ensuring price integrity, quality and lead time of orders
- Create new vendors, new materials and upload relevant data to Sharepoint
- Material schedule management for both internal & external supply
- Daily use of ERP/MRP system, management of same in line with agreed lead times and to meet planning and customer order requirements
- Review daily adherence to schedule, highlight failings where appropriate, so corrective actions may be implemented
- Review supplier performance management through KPI's
- Inventory level management including aged, in line with company targets
- Order and schedule samples as requested
- Forecasting capacity constraints by work centre
- Review of backlog orders (daily) and implementation of recovery plan
- Liaise with Customer Services department daily on backlog orders/report & agree revised dates
- Technical completion of production orders and filing
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an excellent salary of £28k, 33 days holidays, a health & well being plan, and a fantastic career path
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs