Vacancy Reference - 16624
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Laboratory Attendant to be based in Cookstown. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and expected to last for 4-5 Months. The following duties will be required -
* Maintaining the laboratory facilities in a clean and tidy state, including the cleaning of laboratory equipment, worktops, cupboards, fridges, freezers, glassware and the safe disposal of contaminated waste
* Education & Scientific Support
* Assisting in the preparation of laboratory media, and dealing with laboratory waste. Assisting scientific staff in other duties including during student practicals, student projects and work for external clients
* Stock Maintenance
* Monitor stock levels of laboratory consumables
* Personal Development
* The post holder will be expected to implement the Safe Systems of Work derived from several Health & Safety Risk Assessments.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Experience gained within a laboratory setting
* Studied a science subject which includes laboratory work to GCSE / O Level standard
* Knowledge of Health & Safety in a laboratory environment
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.