First Choice are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager for their client in the Cookstown area. This will be a temporary post & will become permanent for the right candidate.
Hours = 40 hours per week, Mon to Fri + weekends as required
Salary = £20k – £25k per annum (dependent on experience)
- Maintain the entire technical function to ensure that the company maintains BRC standards and to ensure final product quality.
- Provide information as required to all regulatory bodies and implement existing and new legislation to ensure compliance
- Ensure Food Safety, Quality and Legality is maintained at all time
- Provide support to management and staff in all technical related matters including systems implementation, product specification, customer information, data control, product safety issues, health and safety training
- Liaising with production supervisors to plan production in advance, and ensuring a good stock of raw materials to fulfil orders.
- Regular reporting to factory and production managers regarding any non conformities found day to day
- Delegating duties and motivating staff under her control
- Ensuring production is carried out to correct standard operating procedures
- Working closely with the engineer regarding the preventive maintenance of machines.
- Following up on Food Safety issues that has been raised
- Handling all customer complaints, and investigation of the root cause. In addition informing supervisors and relevant staff. Training relevant staff or organising external training needs.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation to comply with BRC Global Standards for food safety Issue 06
- Dealing with day to day problems with finished products, placing corrective actions to recipe/ process Carry out trials according to product development brief
- Liaise with FBIC staff regarding pest control, communal areas, water testing, refrigeration etc
- Minimum of 1 year's experience in a similar role
- All necessary qualifications
- Knowledge/experience of HACCP, BRC, process control, & internal hygiene audits
To apply, please forward your CV to email email@example.com, or contact Barry on Tel 028 38316446.