IT Manager, Job Ref. JO3193
Full time hours
Salary – DOE
Our client, who are firmly at the forefront of the Food Industry and arerenowned for their excellence in customer care are now receiving applications from suitably experienced and qualified individuals for the post of IT Manager.
You will work as a key member of our IT team in conjunction with several external IT Partners who help us to support our 140+ onsite, remote and mobile users. This is a diverse role where you will be there to help with any technical issues that the business may encounter, often in a time critical environment.
You should expect issues across Exchange, Active Directory, Network Connection, Printers, Mobile Phones, Tablets and working with end users with time at a premium, you will be required to prioritise your workload accordingly.
This role however also demands a high level of input into various IT projects, led by the Group IT Manager, which will enhance the performance of the business and improve the user experience for our staff, customers and suppliers.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate experience in most if not all the following areas
- Technical skills in MS Desktop & Server.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Networking, Printers and Mobile devices.
- Staff training and development.
- Server Operating systems and Storage area networks.
- Virtualisation & networking technologies.
- Hosting and Cloud services including DRAAS & VOIP.
- Experience of managing a helpdesk and solving application and hardware problems.
- Experience of managing external IT providers.
- Familiar with configuring and managing terminals, laptops, tablets, phones etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory and Exchange Server.
- Experience with general IT infrastructure hardware, servers (Hyper-V), RDS, databases (SQL), operating systems, local area networks, server room.
- Experience supporting enterprise apps, Sage 200, Sage CRM, GeoPal.
- Prepare and/or modify system and process documentation.
- As the company operates from several depots across Northern Ireland and Rep. Of Ireland, planned and ad-hoc travel to remote sites will be required on a regular basis.
- Excellent remuneration commensurate with experience.
- Mobile phone, laptop, life cover.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A strong can-do attitude.
- The ability to see the business from an end-user perspective.
- Attention to detail – someone who applies quality standards and takes pride in their workmanship.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet the needs of the business in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
Experience: Interested in this role? PDF or other file formats are not accepted. Additional Information: Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. DISCLAIMER EQUALITY & DIVERSITY CONFIDENTIALITY/DATA PROTECTION
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict ‘best practice’ policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. e will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Interested in this role?
PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY