HR Generalist - Greiner Packaging
MCS Group is thrilled to be exclusively working in partnership with Greiner Packaging, a world class plastics packaging manufacturing company based in Dungannon, County Tyrone, who wish to recruit a HR Generalist on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Greiner Packaging, the plastic packaging manufacturer, is one of four divisions of the Greiner Group, and as such, can draw on a stable structural and financial network. Greiner was founded in 1868 in Germany and in 1899 in Austria, and has been 100% family owned since its founding. Its continuous growth is based on a factor which makes the company stand out: diversification of products and markets.
The Greiner Group operates more than 130 locations (production and distribution centers). It combines four operative branches (Greiner Packaging, Greiner Bio-One International, Greiner Foam International and Greiner Extrusion Group) under one roof.
Greiner Packaging are an award winning business, firmly focused on continus improvement. Here's just a few of the awards they have won:
- 2010: Greiner Packaging were awarded the Sustainable Energy 'Innovation Award', for its ground breaking wind cooling and heat reclamation system
- 2013: Greiner Packaging UK once again received the UTV Business Eye award for 'Green Company of the Year'
- 2016: Greiner Packaging UK were awarded Silver status, after assessment against the newly launched Investors in People 6th Generation standard. This status is effective until 2019, during which time the target is to achieve IiP GOLD
- 2017 & 2018: Greiner Packaging's high caliber engineering apprenticeship programme, Greiner GOLD, was awarded the best manufacturing apprenticeship/Training Scheme, in the Made in Northern Ireland Awards
Reporting to HR Manager, the successful HR Generalist will contribute to the achievement of the HR department objectives through providing coaching, support and advice to line mangers on HR issues, ensuring compliance to HR Policy & Procedures and tracking the performance of the department through relevant HR analytics and KPI reporting. Ultimately, the he successful candidate will partner with key internal stakeholders to ensure the companies people strategy and business strategy is well aligned.
The successful candidate will work within a HR team of 5 based in Dungannon Co Tyrone, supporting a workforce in excess of 290 employees. Coaching and advising line management will make up a large part of the role, building capability for the line managers to deal professional and compliantly with HR Matters and seeking ways to continually develop and improve HR processes, systems or support based on a high level of core HR knowledge & expertise.
The HR department are focused on delivering value adding activity, therefore external benchmarking, data based problem solving and reviewing key HR metrics to determine required actions are a key part of HR activities. For this reason a curious and analytical mindset and a good numerical ability will be within the successful candidates skillset.
The successful candidate will also be involved in various key projects, including aligning the organisation with the Investors in People framework, with the ultimate aim to build a high performance culture, one that is constantly improving and developing. At present, they have IIP Silver status, with plans to move towards and successful achieve IIP Gold by 2020.
Greiner have also implemented new values recently, currently applying a process of aligning the employee lifecycle processes with the new values, ultimately transforming the companies culture and focusing on continuous improvement.
The successful candidate
- 3+ years' experience working at HR Generalist / Officer / Advisor level
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- 3rd level Business/HR qualification, or equivalent relevant qualification
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and numeric ability; competent use of MS excel or similar
- Can be flexible regarding role & duties
- Potential for attendance at Workshops/Seminars etc - may require some limited travel
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary + on-site parking
- Excellent calendar of communication, health & wellbeing, charity and social activities
- Chance to work for a word class manufacturing environment, focused on continuous improvement
- Exposure to various value adding HR projects
- Ability to truly partner with the business' senior management, making a commercial difference to the business globally
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please forward an updated CV today. If you would like to discuss this HR Generalist position in more detail, please contact Ryan Calvert, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 07809882283 | 02890 235456 |
MCS Group - 2019 CIPD NI Awards Headline Sponsor
Experience: 0 yrs