Are you a driven health and safety professional looking for a new challenge?
Do you you have NEBOSH and experience within a manufacturing environment?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 31357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key duties and responsibilities.
- Managing the investigation and the recording of incidents (both injury & near miss), complaints and cases of ill health (prolonged or otherwise) in a timely manner;
- Performing Company-wide risk assessments, ensuring controls required are implemented;
- Ensuring equipment is installed in both a safe and correct manner, with regular ongoing periodic inspections to ensure that a preventative maintenance plan is in place and necessary reactive maintenance actioned in a timely manner;
- Assisting in the claim management process, liaising with both the legal and HR teams;
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a collaborative culture of Health and Safety and continual improvement;
- Creating and maintaining Safe Operational Procedures (SOPs) which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Ensuring adherence to IMS processes and procedures, and all records are compiled as necessary;
- Conducting environmental monitoring and follow up on remedial actions;
- Arranging and/or undertaking regular and statutory inspections, audits to assess the standards achieved, using, where appropriate external assistance;
- Managing Company-wide annual objectives for Safety and Environmental and the reporting to Management on a monthly basis;
- Ensuring Health and Safety training plans are in place for all job roles and implemented in a timely manner;
- Chairing of the monthly Health and Wellbeing Committee ensuring actions are completed in a timely manner;
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) NI legislation and any developments that affect or potentially affect the business or its employees;
- Ensuring continued compliance to all statutory requirements as per legal register;
- Facilitating the safe removal of hazardous waste/substances;
- Devising a communication plan on Safety and Safety-related topics to all employees (Tool box talks or similar);
- Managing all aspects of budgetary control for Safety;
- Conducting fire drills and maintaining the Company fire register.
- NEBOSH General Safety certification or similar qualification essential;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the same or a similar role;
- Previous experience of working to ISO 45001:2018 (18001 would be accepted) and 45001:2015 standards;
- Previous experience working within the manufacturing industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build constructive working relationships and work collaboratively with others.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs