The Abacus Group is currently assisting our Dungannon based client, as they seek to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to join their team at a very busy time.
The new Health & Safety Manager will be working collaboratively across all site functions, and will be responsible for developing and implementing effective H&S plans and procedures across the site keeping it fully compliant with legislative requirements. They will promote a zero-harm culture through proactively managing H&S issues to ensure discharge of statutory and operational obligations, whilst ensuring the highest possible safety for employees.
- Plan, implement, manage and continually improve comprehensive H&S programmes, policies and guidelines for the site.
- Conduct safety audits, risk assessments and inspections to ensure safe working practices and compliance with legal requirements.
- Evaluate performance, identify corrective action and improvement opportunities, and follow up to confirm the site meets all relevant legislative requirements and best practice.
- Provide site personnel with guidance on H&S issues.
- Facilitates accident and incident investigations to ensure root cause identification and effective preventative measure are implemented.
- Acts as a primary contact for site injury and incident notification, investigation and case management for work compensation claims.
- Define and report performance metrics for measurement, comparison, and evaluation of H&S.
- Plan & support the implementation of the site H&S training plan to promote employee awareness and education whilst ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Weekly reporting of H&S data to the Operations Department and involvement in monthly reporting at SMT Meetings.
- Conduct accident prevention and H&S training
- Minimum 3 years H&S leadership experience with proven achievements, preferably in FMCG environment or other relevant manufacturing environment
- Professional NEBOSH/IOS qualification
- Thorough knowledge of H&S legislation and approved codes of practice
- Experience of working in or implementing a robust Zero Harm management strategy
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs