Hides Manager – Dungannon - £25-30K
We are currently recruiting a Hides Manager to be responsible for ensuring hides and skins and any other products are received, preserved and despatched according to customer and legal requirements
· Plan production to ensure materials are supplied to operatives, products are correctly preserved (chilled, salted), and despatched as per customer requirements.
· Reconcile stocks of all products on a daily and weekly basis and report any discrepancies.
· Report all product defects to relevant suppliers
· Ensure all departments conform to company codes of practice, policies and statutory legislation
· Co-ordinate operatives within the Hides Division and ensure they comply with legislative and customer requirements regarding health, safety, hygiene, etc
· Ensure all operatives are suitable dressed (in accordance with PPE system) prior to entry into production area, including wearing clean protective clothing, steel gloves, body protectors etc.
· Responsible for the control and issue of knives and PPE
· Responsible for the intake, chilling and despatch of offal
· Responsible for the intake, chilling, salting and despatching of hides
· Ensure all relevant documentation for intake and despatching of product is checked as correct and forwarded to the relevant departments.
· Minimum of 3 recent years management experience within a primary processing /agricultural environment
· Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of people management.
· Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
· Confidence and assertiveness
· Strong IT skills
· Higher level qualification in a food or business related discipline.
For more information, please call Karen Nicholson at NI Resourcing on 07734033430 or send your CV through the link provided