Reporting To: Managing Director
Purpose: To manage the design and costing of the company’s products and to provide technical advice to staff and customers.
- Understand products and customer specifications.
- Source and buy specialised materials to meet production requirements; negotiate with suppliers to ensure best prices/services.
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings and assembly drawings and develop design drawings and costings for projects.
- Liaise closely and assist team leaders in relation to design requirements.
- Work with Production in the design and development of new products
- Ensure compliance throughout projects with all relevant specifications, standards and safety regulations.
- Be fully competent in Solid Works
- Provide technical and problem solving advice and work with production to develop and implement improvements in production methods.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve the quality of the finished product.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering e.g. Manufacturing; Design etc.
Relevant Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Experience in CAD design
- Project management experience
- Experience with quality systems e.g. ISO 9001 etc.
- Experience of materials purchasing and job costing
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Computer literate in CAD design software e.g. Solid Works
- Proven effective problem solving skills
- Able to work outside normal working hours if required, too meet business needs
- Full current driving licence
If interested, please send in your CV via the APPLY BUTTON.