Senior Buyer JO3173
We represent an extremely successful and expanding client with a portfolio that stretches worldwide. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of bulk material handling solutions.
They wish to invite an experienced candidate to join them as a Senior Buyer who will be responsible for the ordering of all steel types for the factory, outsourced fabrications and steel yard inventory management.
- Pricing of outsourced fabrications and working closely with key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate stock of goods to support production.
- Assist production and prototype build by expanding critical parts shortages.
- Maintain accurate and timely purchase order management.
- Work with vendors to reduce lead times.
- Ensure timely availability, proper quantity/quality and minimum inventory.
- Investigate, co-ordinate and resolve issues of rejected material.
- Maintain stock status reports of parts critical to prototype, pilot and production or with long lead times.
- Maintain vendor data/purchase order databases/supplier correspondence.
- Analyse purchase requisitions/orders for accuracy and conformance.
- Assist receiving department in resolving packing slip and receiving issues and AP in resolving invoicing issues.
- Assist the organisation in identifying potential cost savings.
- Identify inventory reduction opportunities.
- Ensure competitive cost.
- Co-ordinate part specifications with engineering staff and forecasts with the sales department.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years purchasing experience preferably in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of developing and achieving project deadlines and company targets.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- Be IT literate in the usual Microsoft packages, Word, Excel and Outlook, Sage Line 50 or similar.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Experience in MRP systems is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in purchasing steel, outsourcing fabrication work.
- Stock taking experience in a manufacturing environment and good knowledge of steel types.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.