Quality Engineer, Ref. JO2882
Salary negotiable on experience
Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm and Fri 8.00 – 2.00pm
Our client is a well-known family run Engineering and Manufacturing Company based in Dungannon, Co. Tyrone. With an ever-growing client base, they are currently looking for an additional Quality Engineer to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Production manager the Quality Engineer will maintain, control and further develop quality standards and processes across all areas of production and despatch, in terms of materials, systems, products, personnel and customer satisfaction.
The key responsibilities will cover the following 6 main areas:
Checks, inspections and audits, Non-Conformance, Training, Instruction & Assessment, Record Keeping & Reporting, Continuous Improvement & Consultation & Liaison.
· Establish, implement and review quality standards and procedures to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Ensure effective and efficient production processes with the implementation of revised methods to make gains in productivity.
· Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective action as a proactive approach to continual improvement.
· Undertake quality checks to identify weaknesses in any part of the production process and develop means to achieve the objective of ‘first time right’.
· Improve and maintain data, accuracy, quality information for product marking and despatch.
· Address non-conforming parts to ensure a suitable and acceptable resolution.
· Work in conjunction with other managers and supervisors to plan, formulate and agree quality standards.
· Respond to customer inquiries of quality issues and liaise with customers to ensure effective remedial action and compliance with their specifications.
· Resolve supplier failures and investigate supplier quality of production components regarding appropriate packaging, stacked correctly, identified as specified etc.
· Set up and maintain quality controls and documentation such as quality manuals and quality procedures.
· Motivate employees to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods and procedures.
· Active involvement in all aspects of product modification and development.
· Develop and administer ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
· Establish and complete clear and easily applied quality audit and inspection methods to demonstrate standards and improvements achieved.
· Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the General Manager/Managing Director.
· BSc in an applied science or engineering field OR 3 year’s equivalent experience in quality control and improvement.
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Quality Planning, Control and Improvement including working to audited ISO quality standards.
· Previous experience in a manufacturing-based role.
· Experience in the quarrying/screening industry.
· Exceptionally well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Effective organisational, planning and time management ability.
· Ability to proactively and independently achieve results.
· Effective team player and ability to lead a team to achieve set goals.
· Display a passion and responsibility for quality.
· Have a desire to own decisions and outcomes.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Demonstrated ability to formulate partnerships with, and work with major customers and suppliers.
· Willingness to work flexible hours to ensure deadlines are met.
· Ability to travel when required.
· Valid driving licence and vehicle insured for business use.
· Certified Quality Engineer or certification from a Quality Management Institute or Society.
· Experience in quarrying/screening industry.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in “Word format only” highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Experience: See description: