Manufacturing and Quality Engineer (Undergraduate Placement)
We represent an extremely successful and expanding client with a portfolio that stretches worldwide. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of bulk material handling solutions and are now offering an excellent student placement opportunity for an individual to join them as a Manufacturing Quality Engineer.
- Planning and performing effective inspection activities within the business, in both fabrication and high end assembly.
- Assist in the development of quality test plans and processes.
- Document and develop manufacturing processes and procedures to support best practices across our product range.
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout the value chain (including the supply chain) using appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Quality tools.
- Active Team Member providing close collaboration with Production, Engineering and Purchasing Departments to focus on continuous improvement.
- Active Member of the ISO 9001 team, including development of internal manufacturing and quality procedures as required.
- Work with the After Sales team to implement appropriate Corrective Action Plans for any field issues.
- Must be data driven and process oriented.
- Have good communication skills, and ability to lead a cross functional team for driving improvements.
- Excellent computer skills are required, especially Excel and data based tools, and knowledge of CAD software (Solid work) will be a distinct advantage.
- Have a strong technical background, an emphasis on general fabrication (welding), and assembly (fitting) is required.
- Must have a proven track record of problem solving within a manufacturing environment.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.