Design Engineer JO3176
We represent an extremely successful and expanding client with a portfolio that stretches worldwide. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of bulk material handling solutions. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Manager will play a vital role in ensuring that the Company continues to design and develop Mobile Bulk Materials Handling Systems that meet customers’ needs and requirements.
The role requires someone with the ability to manage their own workload with minimal supervision and be able to think on their own feet and make correct decisions with little hesitation.
- Design, develop and implement cost-effective products to help improve safety, reliability and production for a range of equipment
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design (3D CAD)
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Creation of accurate BOMs
- Working as part of the design team to ensure high standards of workmanship are achieved and maintained
- Working closely with other departments such as Sales, Production, Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing to ensure that customer needs are met on time and within Company Safety, Quality and Budget standards
- Responsible for the project management of specific orders. Using specialist knowledge to establish criteria for customer requirements, to guide the Sales Manager/customer with regard to design, presentation and machine specifications and assisting them in production of the final specification
- Following the Company Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Process
- Working with the Sales Managers to review, develop and implement design opportunities that will promote and enhance the companies range of equipment
- Liaising with various external suppliers for the production/supply of external work/parts, and quality assessment of same
- Responsible for complying with all aspects of site safety, environmental rules and complying with all applicable legislation
- Machine design in accordance with the relevant standards and regulations
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring engineering team members as required
- Aftersales/aftermarkets support
- Domestic and international travel as required
- Research and development of new products and technologies
- A 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree
- A minimum of 3 years design experience in a manufacturing environment using a 3D CAD package (ideally Solidworks) with experience in FEA (Solidworks Simulation)
- A minimum of 3 years designing steel structures, mechanical assemblies and systems
- High competency in mechanical engineering calculations with attention to detail
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word and PowerPoint and knowledge of their application in daily work
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and an interest to learn with good organisational skills and high accuracy of work
- Knowledge and experience designing and troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Working knowledge of a PDM/PLM package such as Pulse or Teamcenter
- Finite Element Analysis
- Understanding of engine, drivetrain, hydraulic and electrical components and systems related to mobile equipment would be beneficial
- Understanding of electrical control systems
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.