MYM Recruitment are delighted to working with our client, an engineering company based in Dungannon in the recruitment of a Health & Safety Officer. Answering to the Senior Manager the health & safety Officer will develop, audit and improve the Health & Safety and Environmental sections of the company’s Integrated Management System policy & procedures and hence ensure the business is compliant with legislative requirements.Responsibilities:
- Continually develop and implement the Health & Safety policy and management arrangements to ensure all company working practices are safe.
- Undertake risk assessments and reviews, including COSHH, Environmental impact and Manual Handling and develop subsequent safe systems of work.
- Manage a comprehensive training matrix for all employees to ensure identified training needs are met, from induction to fundamental safe working practices to developmental learning.
- Develop and maintain the company’s ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards, ensuring compliance with the standards and with relevant legislation.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to monitor compliance with HSE requirements and draw up corrective action plans with area supervisors to address identified non-compliances.
- Organise necessary external inspections e.g. plant insurance policy statutory inspections and surveillance/renewal audits for international standards.
- Investigate all accidents, near misses and complaints of ill health and complete future preventative actions.
- Implement & develop the sub-contractor’s policy and procedures.
- Maintain all necessary records for effective HSE management and complete all aspects of HSE administration.
- Respond to employee safety and environmental concerns and implement systems for improvements. Consult with employees on health, safety & environmental matters with required forums.
- Assess new materials to ensure they comply with necessary HSE requirements and ensure all new equipment/ plant is installed correctly and maintenance records are retained.
- Monitor and enforce company policies e.g. fire safety, drugs & alcohol, quality, environmental
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE regulations and guidance.
- NEBOSH Certificate and
- 2+ years equivalent experience in a Health & Safety role
- Good working knowledge of HSE legislation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility
- Willingness to contribute to company improvement projects and business plans
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Membership of IOSH
- Experience in the engineering industry
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria. You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title. (Noted above) Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Experience: See description: