Vacancy Reference: 16356
Kennedy Recruitment are currently working in connection with their public sector client to recruit a temporary Band 8A Engineering Project Advisor to be based in Omagh and Derry/Londonderry. Part-time, temporary position, consisting of 18.5 hours per week (flexible). The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last for an initial period of one month.
As a member of the Strategic Capital Development Team the post holder will provide a strong professional leadership within their Directorate, contribute to overall policy development and play an integral role in the management and development of an effective and efficient Strategic Capital Development service.
Main duties include:
* Undertake individual and agreed pieces of work, and lead don designated projects under the direction of the Assistant Director of Strategic Capital Development
* Provide technical and professional engineering advice and assistance on all projects
* Provide specialist Business Case advice and input together with assistance and support with respect to the design, procurement, construction and commissioning processes, including site strategy and decommissioning
* Assist in determining service needs, maintaining staffing levels and managing them accordingly
* Ensure design teams and contractors deliver projects and services on time, on budget and of high quality
* Preparation of design briefs and the technical commissioning of delegated capital developments, including checking compliance against set standards and statutory requirements
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience operating at a Senior Level
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
* Ability to operate as a Team Leader and motivate others around you
* Hold a full UK Driving Licence
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment agency.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.