Our client, a new, dynamic and rapidly expanding company specialising in electronic manufacturing, have a requirement for an experienced Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full time basis.
The successful candidate will be required to develop, oversee, evaluate and document new control software for a range of static and mobile off – highway equipment.
- Work in conjunction with Sales to understand Customer technical requirements, including directly interfacing with the Customer when required.
- Work closely with the Electrical Design Engineers to understand the functional requirements of the machine, any hydraulic systems and electrical schematics.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow/data usage/work processes, investigating problem areas, and following the software development lifecycle.
- Test and validate new software systems in Codesys and C-programming environments.
- Interface with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens family of HMIs and PLCs. Working knowledge of machine networking (Ethernet IP, CAN bus, Profinet, Modbus)
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, systems topology, and clean and annotated code. Organise and maintain design/engineering records. Comply with engineering change process when technical updates are required.
- Prepare and solutions by determining and designing system specifications and programming.
- Produce improvement information for future software projects by collecting, analysing and summarising any development and service issues.
- Understand best practice and update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in any training opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Application of all relevant standards such as IEC 13849-1, EN ISO 12100 and EN ISO 14121, and the applicability of J1939 protocol, engine ECU strategies and engine specific diagnostic tools.
- Educated to Degree level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Proficient with Codesys and/or C Programming Environments.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens family of HMIs and PLCs.
- Knowledge of IOT and machine networking (Ethernet IP, CANbus, Profinet, Modbus).
- Familiar with electrical schematics.
- Experience of producing FDS, SDS and other technical documents.
- Willing/able to travel throughout the UK and Ireland and abroad as necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Familiar with relevant standards such as IEC 13849-1, EN ISO 12100 and EN ISO 14121.
- Familiarity with J1939 protocol, engine ECU and engine specific diagnostic tools.
- Project management/project leadership experience.
- Familiar with mobile equipment control products and programming software.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company at an exciting time of continual expansion.
On offer is a highly competitive salary package and great company benefits including yearly bonus and early finish on a Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role please click the apply button or send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can call Frankie in Haughey Recruitment on 02887440033