Haughey Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly successful and established electronic manufacturing company based in Mid Ulster, who have an immediate requirement for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
With an estimated 100% growth plan for 2020, this client is at the forefront of their industry, and are planning to grow their current workforce to meet business demands.
Reporting to the Lead Electrical Design Engineer , the role will require the successful candidate to apply engineering principles, physics and materials science for the analysis, design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of 3-phase electrical control panels/systems, Tier 4 Stage 5 engine controls and custom wiring looms. Configure, detail and release technical information to meet Customer specified requirements.Responsibilities :
- Work in conjunction with Sales to understand Customer technical requirements, including directly interfacing with the Customer when required.
- Use EPLAN Pro Panel and Harness proD electrical schematic software to create 2D and 3D models and drawings of products to meet Customer specified requirements.
- Develop and release BOMs to allow purchase and production control of parts and assemblies.
- Standardise designs as much as possible, and where practicable, encourage Customers to utilise standardised parts/systems.
- Organise and maintain design/engineering records.Comply with engineering change process when technical updates are required.
- Work to time deadlines to ensure adequate drawing/technical information is available to permit efficient manufacture to the intended design configuration.Specify and develop test protocols for production of manufactured parts.
- Research new materials, designs and methods/equipment for production.
- Specify and select cost-effective proprietary parts from suppliers. Specify supplier requirements when customised parts required.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes/production build (if required).
- Ensure components and assemblies follow applicable electrical codes and industry and standards.
- Resolve technical difficulties identified during production build, during customer usage/ commissioning or through failure in the field, and update design records to avoid re-occurrence in the future.
- Degree or HND level qualification in Electrical engineering, or equivalent qualification
- To demonstrate knowledge of Production process
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of EPlan or Harness Pro
- Previous experience of working on prototyping / pre-production products
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to be part of a forward thinking and innovate organisation, that invest heavily in developing their employees. If successful, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, 28 days holidays (incl of statutory entitlement and bank / public holidays), and a pension scheme.
If you would like to apply for this role please click the apply button or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can call Frankie in Haughey Recruitment on 02887440033