MYM are delighted to be working with our client, an established IT outsourcing business. Due to substantial growth and their IT solutions capability they now have an opening for a talented 2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Consultant. This diverse role will offer the successful candidate a role which will involve both remote and on-site client support offering the opportunity to work as an extension of client's own team.The role:
Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base. This includes evaluating customer needs, installing new computers and software, and troubleshooting computer problems. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the company. They are expected to keep abreast of developments within the IT industry and are involved in the evaluation of relevant new technologies as they become available.Responsibilities:
- Installation and configuration of software on network servers and PCs at customer premises.
It is anticipated that much of this work will involve Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange, Windows, and security solutions, although a variety of other software will also be involved from time to time.
- Installation of desktop, server, network and communications systems at customer premises.
- Provision of technical support, by telephone and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- The planning, design and project management of new installations.
- The planning, specification and evaluation of technical projects.
- Assistance with the preparation and maintenance of a technical information knowledge base for use by the company and by other authorised external users.
- Maintain all documentation, relating to both internal and external customer projects, up-to-date and accessible internally.
- Troubleshooting of networking and system problems on customer sites, including the documentation of solutions for common problems.
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting Remote Desktop Solutions
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 Server
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, windows 10
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting Exchange Server – 2010, 2013, 2016
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting MS365
- Experience of computer security systems and knowledge of the products currently available.
- Knowledge and experience of designing complex technical solutions
- A sound knowledge of general networking principles
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of data communications standards and implementation
- Firewall Experience would be an advantage though not a necessity. installing, configuring & supporting security devices e.g. Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek, Fortigate
- Virtualisation Experience would be an advantage though not a necessity. HyperV, VMWare.
- 3yrs+ Experience within the information and computer industry.
- Experience with security devices
- Driving Licence, access to a vehicle and insurance that covers business travel.
Experience: See description: