Insurance Manager - Cookstown
A great opportunity for ambitious, customer focused candidates with a background in insurance and management to naturally progress to running a Broker's office. You will be an integral part of the management team, taking responsibility for all insurance activities and sales processes and ensuring they comply with company processes and regulatory requirements.
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive Salary (depending on experience) with a competitive package including pension scheme and flexible benefits.
Monday - Friday 9-5pm
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for an Insurance Broker Manager on behalf of a leading Insurance broker in the Cookstown area. Our client has a long serving relationship with the local community are an exciting and dynamic business with the view for growth this year. They are committed to providing quality insurance solutions and are looking for the right candidate keen to take the next step in their career.
What you will do:
- Assist with new recruits to the company ensuring the implementation of a formal induction for new staff as well as conducting a needs analysis for a training and compliance programme to be set in place so achievement of targets is met.
- Responsible for Personal and Commercial Insurance activities including dealing directly with existing clients, dealing with all service aspects of the role including renewals, new business and mid-term adjustments.
- Manage workload and delegate effectively so that all client services are attended to accurately and in a timely manner and to the high level of service that is expected.
- Assist with regular staff reviews to ensure awareness of existing staffs strengths and ambitions and how these may be utilised to ensure maximum benefit for the colleague and the company as well as identify any training needs.
- Liaise with the accounts department to deal with any issues that evolve.
- Ensure service levels are managed consistently so that income and conversion objectives are achieved.
Overall, you will ensure the smooth operation of daily activities in the branch including management of IT systems, support and managing workflow and co-ordination of compliance activity within the business. You will also ensure that the branch is adequately staffed at all times, including sufficient rota management during holiday periods or sickness.
- Minimum 1 years' office management experience (within the last 2-3 years)
- Cert CII qualified
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an insurance role (preferably management).
- Competent computer usage, especially Microsoft Excel
You will be customer and quality focused whilst being able to work well under pressure and effectively maintain accuracy in all that you do - especially in the processing of information. You should possess good time-management skills and demonstrate the ability to be flexible and prioritise your workload daily. This will require you to use your own initiative while also working as part of a wider team to consistently provide a first-class service to key clients.
Please contact Mairead Shannon at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV to Mairead@abacus.careers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs