Claims Handler (Commercial)
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting for a Commercial Claims Handler on behalf of a client that provide a wide range of products to a large network of brokers both existing and new. With a huge presence in the local marketplace, the client prides themselves in their flexible approach, ability to "get the job done" and the final results for clients. Having been around for over 50 years, the client have a great reputation and manage a lot of repeat business from a loyal customer base.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Negotiable - qualification and experience dependant
- Excellent remuneration package including competitive annual leave, pension scheme and staff discount.
A fantastic opportunity for an individual with claims handler experiences in the industry for a client based in Cookstown. To manage commercial claims from start to settlement, co-ordinating services that may be required following accidents /incidents and making decisions on the extent or validity of a claim. As well as communicating with policyholders, you'll also liaise with external experts such as loss adjusters and solicitors.
What you will do
General duties of the role will ensure the efficient and timely progress of claims as well as dealing with queries from policy holders and clients in a compliant manner. Day to day duties may involve:
- Investigating, negotiating and settlement of claims.
- provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved;
- process new insurance claims notifications; collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim;
- analyse a claim made by a policymaker to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions; and how to proceed
- contact approved professionals; liaise with solicitors, as well as other legal and claims professionals, and negotiate the terms of a claim;
- monitor the progress of a claim;
- investigate potentially fraudulent claims;
- prepare an initial estimate of costs and then closely monitor and keep a record of costs;
- get advice from external specialists, such as loss adjusters;
- ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- handle any complaints associated with a claim;
- adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
It will also be expected that other duties will be carried out as deemed necessary by the Team Lead but a huge element of this role will be to maintain internal relationships as you will liaise with other departments as well as the senior handler as and when necessary, and ensure an effective relationship is maintained with key external providers.
You will need to have prior experience working in a claims environment within the insurance industry (minimum 2 years). It is expected that you will come from a multi-skilled insurance background with experience across both motor damage and property claims.
- 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above (to include Maths and English)
- Knowledge of the computerised claims systems.
- A self-motivated individual with the initiative to act of your own initiative and make prompt decisions
- Ability to understand and interpret FCA changes
- Desirable if you have or are working towards your CII exams
The successful candidate with possess the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a demanding environment that requires a hands-on approach. You will have strong negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally with colleagues and clients. Finally, you will be quality focused with the abilities to prioritise workload and provide a consistent service.
Please contact Mairead Shannon at Abacus Careers on (028) 90 313157 for a further chat or email your CV to Mairead@abacus.careers
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs