Head of Finance
Our Client is a successful agri-food organisation who supports local supply chains and deliver innovative solutions to all their stakeholders.
With a focus on quality, cost reduction and stability of supply, they are improving product quality whilst ensuring prices remain competitive. This collaborative approach delivers benefits at every stage of the supply chain.
With this ongoing success they now wish to appoint a Head of Finance to continue and build on their successes to date.
Head of Finance
We would like to speak to suitably experienced candidates with drive, commercial acumen and track record to manage the accounts function. It is also likely that you will have experience gained in Manufacturing and ideally FMCG.
As part of the Senior Management Team and reporting to The Board, the successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively
- Managing a finance team to include overseeing the sales and purchase ledger function
- Preparation of monthly and annual management accounts and presentation of same to the Board of Directors
- Preparation of cashflows and annual budgets
- Reporting to external stakeholders including the company’s bankers
- Assistance with preparation of the organisation’s significant grant funding applications and claims
- Management of payroll function
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Liaising with auditors and preparing the audit pack
- Workflow and deadline management of the team
We would like to see candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant CAI/ACA or equivalent
- Experience in the management of finance function and commercially astute
- At least 3 years PQE (ideally gained in a manufacturing environment)
- Strong IT skills
- Payroll experience
- Experience of Sage line 50 desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
A competitive remuneration package is available and can be flexed to attract the ‘right’ candidate
For further information, you can call Conor MacNamara in strict confidence on 028 (048) 3025 2407 / +44 (0)7968 160122 or by applying here. A full job specification is available on request.
Experience: 3-4 yrs