Established in 1990 and operating from Co. Tyrone our client has grown steadily to become a major manufacturer of kitchen and bedroom doors and accessories in the UK and Irish furniture components industry. They are regularly voted one of the top companies to work for and really value their staff. They currently have an opening for an experienced Credit Controller in their sate of the art offices in Co. Tyrone.Role profile:
Based in Cookstown and reporting to the Financial Director, the Credit Controller will build and maintain close links with all customers, to ensure the smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments and manage debt recovery. The main duties of the role would be:
- Process daily lodgments for sending to bank.
- Process all customer credit notes.
- Responsible for all aspects of credit control activities e.g. Contacting customers, payment queries, invoice queries, credit card payments
- Take credit card payments
- Payment allocation to customer accounts
- Contract sales invoicing/ problem invoices
- Works with a minimum of direction on collections for an important ledger, and key accounts
- Anticipates developments, and identifies accounts that will require special attention
- Handles disputed accounts and negotiates to bring payment into line with terms
- Undertakes complex reconciliations, and compiles documentation for legal action
- Issues small claims to debtors
- Deal with 3rd Party debt collection company, prepare information and follow up
- Maintains accurate individual measurement and performance statistics
- Obtains sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers
- Works within guidelines and reports to the Financial Director
- Set up new accounts and discounts
- Maintain Vectra System in line with Sales Rep’s information
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Credit Control position
- Ability to manage own work plan and meet pre agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in the use of excel spreadsheets
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please include the Job Reference Number. Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised. Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily. Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
Experience: See description